Wednesday, November 12, 2008

FBP

I love Face Book. I’ll be the first to admit that this quite juvenile and somewhat ridiculous, but I find myself going to check Face Book like a day trader dumping Ford Stock.

Like millions of others, I’m part of this FB phenomenon (I’ll refer to it here as FBP) – you know, the phenomenon where you know odd details about a person you hardly know. (They’re on your list because they have friend requested you because you have seen other at the bar after work or maybe you sat next to them in third grade in Mrs. Hafners art class.)

What has prompted me to blog about this FBP is an encounter I had in the break room at work this afternoon. Someone on my “friend list” who is also a colleague of mine updated her FB status about going to the dermatologist today. This is an individual that I don’t know very well and someone I would have no business asking personal questions.
This is where the FBP kicks in: we are standing at the water cooler at the same time – exchanging quiet pleasant nods when I almost say “Hey, how was the dermatologist?” and I find myself STARING at her face wondering why in the hell she went to see a dermatologist when she has near perfect skin?! Ridiculous.

I also know that another co-worker is about to shack up in a hotel room in Vegas with another co-worker (in a different department) over the Thanksgiving holiday. Did I need to know this? No. Would I have been annoyed if everybody else knew and I didn’t? Hell yes.

FBP has made us all mini celebrities, some in good and some in not-so-good ways. Regardless, you added me and now I feel like your stalker.

5 comments:

Aunt Lynne said...

HELP! How do I turn off the connection between my Twitter feed and my Facebook status?

And I'm glad to see you're blogging again! You've always been a celebrity in my book. :)

Ducky said...

Ahh...the stalkers justification..."you added me and now I feel like your stalker." Keep telling yourself it's someone elses fault! :-)

END said...

hello........................................

663 said...

絕不要羞於承認自己不知道的事。 ..................................................

九份 said...

good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day........................................