Wednesday, June 18, 2008

she's gonna make it after all

Today was better than yesterday and I am glad for that.

I went to the doctor who confirmed what I had suspected, I have strep throat again. The ENT has suggested taking out my tonsils, adenoids, and putting a tube in my right ear. The nurse who gave me 4 shots (in my bum no less) is a parent and she said "oh my son had that when he was three!" Apparently, I am a late bloomer.

You may wonder whats with all the strep madness. I do take care of myself but I can't take a regular multi-vitaman because of the calcium (history of kidney stones). I also had cancer and received radiation treatment that has caused some residual issues with my ability to fight infection in my face and throat. I'm cancer free so residual effects are worth the pain. The doctor is also encouraging me to come in for weekly B12 shots to help boost my something or other. Ok. I am down with helping my something or other.

Today I hobbled out with 2 shots in each cheek, six scripts and the instructions to "take it easy."

I'll get right on that.

1 comment:

burnerblog.com said...

I used to get strep a lot as a kid. I had my tonsils taken out, and never had it again.

Coincidence? I think not!