Friday, June 13, 2008

If it's Sunday, it's "Meet the Press."


Earlier this afternoon I received an sms from CNN breaking news reporting the passing of Tim Russert. I cannot say enough good things about this man. This is the first time a when I have felt moved to tears about the passing of a journalist. Tim Russert never new it but he is one of the individuals that made me passionate about America and American government. I have spent nearly every Sunday morning with Tim Russert for more than half of my life. Mr. Russert was the kind of individual that made you look at an issue from all sides but encouraged you to take the motivation those feelings gave you and turn them into something good and meaningful. I will miss his voice and input during this years election. I will miss his spirited, fair debate and reporting. Godspeed Tim. You will be missed.

No comments: