Thursday, June 26, 2008

~~Breezy~~


This photo perfectly captures one of my favorite parts of summer. Line dried clothes may feel a bit stiffer but they smell like the perfect combination of fresh air and flowers. Hauling the clothes outside, taking the time to shake them out and hang them up with the wooden clothes pins is extra work but for some reason I really like it. It reminds me of my childhood, running and playing hide and seek between the shirts and sheets that would hang to dry in our backyard.

I don't claim to be a photographer in any way, but I like this picture. You can almost feel the sun and the breeze is blowing right at you. I needed summer more than I realized.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Love the photo. It really is the essence of summer!

I've been hanging up my clothes outside lately, too, in an effort to reduce my gas/electric bill. The clothes do smell good - worth the effort!