Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Grilled Cheese Interrupted

Like most people, I appreciate the finer things in life. One such "fine thing" is a good grilled cheese sandwich. I have always been eager to try different takes on the grilled cheese sandwich, adding different bread and cheese combos, and tossing in anything from bacon to grilled onions to tomatoes or all three at the same time. It's been a mega-delicious endeavor that shows no sign of stopping.

I'm not sure if adding everything else keeps the sandwich from remaining a true grilled cheese, (I have not had the time to consult the international grilled cheese association for ruling on this matter,) but it is still a grilled cheese in my book.....

Anyhow, getting back on track.

My most recent foray into grilled cheese interrupted happened tonight and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! (I feel somewhat silly about putting exclamation points in sentences that discuss grilled cheese, but lets face it, this whole entry is cheesy.) Ba dum bum! Heh.

Anyhow, getting back on track.

Tonight's sandwich was simple but brilliant and I'm astonished that trying it had not occured to me sooner. Wheat bread and Pimento Cheese! Pimento cheese is something that is newer to me (newer, as in I had never tried it until I moved south 12 years ago) it's a tasty mix of cheeses, mayo, pimentos and sometimes grated onion, etc... It's good stuff, super yummy. I highly recomend that you try pimento cheese should you have the chance and if you feel like being a wild and crazy girl like me make a grilled cheese sammy with some pimento cheese. It's spicy, yummy, gooey and it goes good with soup. It's off the hook, yo!

1 comment:

The Sturtz Family said...

I'm so happy that you are back to blogging! I always find you entertaining!