Monday, February 20, 2006

Gram

I have been quiet for awhile because it has been a stressfull couple of days. My grandmother went in on Saturday morning for cardiac-cath and the news wasn't good. As I write this, she is having open heart bypass surgery. My gram is a wonderful woman. We are very close - we talk on the phone everyday sometimes 5 times a day. We have a very special relationship, one I treasure. Some of my favorite things about her are:


- She knows and understands the importance of the right shade of Lipstick
-She is the best cook, ever.
- She respects my dislike for sweet pickels and won't put them in my potato salad or tuna.
- She is one of the smartest people I know - She has the answers to questions that many
PhD's cannot answer.
- She can dish with me on the soap operas with out shame. I don't know who else I would talk to about the Young and the Restless.
- She is beautiful with out being difficult.
- She always smells good. Like powder, soap and dentine.
- She has a big vocabulary (but she keeps it a secret and whips out big words when we are least expecting it).
- She can always make me feel better. Even if I am feeling great, she'll make me feel better than great.
- She might be small, but she is mighty. She is one of the strongest people I know.


Could you please remember my gram in your thoughts and prayers, meditations and wishes today? It would mean a lot.

No comments: