Monday, January 16, 2006

Wouldn' it be loverly?

I tried something new today. I wish I could tell you it was a spicy Moroccan dish, or page 36 of the Kama Sutra (but who are we kidding here, it's a Monday for chrissakes and I have a 2 year old). No, it was neither of those.


I spoke to Eleanor with an English accent. Just for fun. Just because it was Monday, she had the day off from school and well, there was nothing else to do. This played as well as Brokeback Mountain in Salt Lake.


At first she just stopped and stared at me, conveying mild interest. I went on for a few more minutes, just to see if she really noticed. At one point she cocked her head to the side to see if I possibly looked different, and maybe that is why my voice was different. Her interest wained as I continued untill she finally put her hand over my mouth and said "uh, uh, stop."


"Wots the mattar?" I replied in my best Mary Poppins meets Eliza Doolittle.


She blinked very hard, then smacked both of my cheeks at once and said "My. Momma. Back!"


All I need is a wand and chiffon dress and I am totally going to rock out at tooth fairy time!

No comments: